Thursday 17 February 2011

Who Should You Support?

Ok, so the other day whilst I was watching the Arsenal v Barcelona match my mum asked me why I was supporting Arsenal. To me it seemed obvious that being an English football supporter I wanted to see the teams from our country do well against other teams from around the world, just like an international match. However not everyone thinks like this. I know for a fact that many Liverpool supporters despise Manchester United and would enjoy nothing more than to see them lose, whoever the opponent may be and I'm sure the same thing applies with the other rivalries such as Arsenal and Tottenham.
Are they right to do this? Arguably all of the English clubs playing in Europe have not got fully English squads, so it may be wrong to compare these European games to internationals, but surely we all want the English Premier League to be the best league in the world and the best way to prove and maintain this is in the big competitions like the Champions League and the Europa League. This is the way our league we watch every week will attract the big names in football and be as beautiful and as entertaining as football can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment